I promise I will not often review restaurants here on this food blog I will reserve this for my favorite places and will try to always share a recipe from the restaurant mentioned.
I love this little bakery they make incredible sandwiches! The Naborhood Bakery is a tradition among family and friends. We will go spend the day out shopping and walking around Gardener Village and will always make time for food from this cute little cottage.
I have never been served a tiny portion (even when ordering a half sandwich), it is always clean, the staff friendly and the food amazing! I have been eating at this restaurant for over ten years, closer to fifteen and I have loved every bite!
Ironically the recipe I am going to share for you I have never tried yet - when you find your favorites you tend to stick with them, but this is on my list.
from Naborhood Bakery, Gardner Village, 1100 W. 7800 S., West Jordan
1 cup vegetable shortening (do not use butter or lard)
¾ tsp. salt
2 cups flour
¼ cup cold water
- Put shortening into bowl and add salt and half of flour.
- Stir with a spoon until ingredients cream together and mixture is smooth and satiny.
- Add water and remaining flour.
- Stir until mixture clings together in a ball.
- Do not be afraid to handle.
- Roll out as desired (should make 2 shells).
- Line a 9" pie plate with crust.
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup water
- Beat eggs, cream and water together.
- Place any or all of the following in the crust:
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped olives
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- ¼ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 350 for 35-40 minutes