Friday, October 1, 2010

Tuna Fish over Rice


Tuna Fish Over Rice

1/4 C. Butter (can not be substituted)
1/4 C. Flour
2 C milk  (if using skim or whole read note at bottom)
1 can of Tuna
salt and pepper to taste
2 Cups cooked white rice

Melt butter, slowly add in flour. Add milk slowly, mixing it in well until nice and creamy. Once it thickens and bubbles add drained tuna stir and add in salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over cooked rice.
Can easily be doubled to serve 6-8 people.
Taste great with peas added in.

Note:
If using skim milk add in 1-2 extra tsp flour. If using whole milk subtract 1-2 tsp of flour.
This addition and subtraction is to keep the correct amount on thickness.

3 comments:

Natalia said...

Hmm...my hubby's a big tuna fan; I should give this a try!

Blessed Rain said...

;) I'm a fan but then again I grew up on it!

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan, and I grew up on it two. It must be a texture thing with me. But I'm glad that you have a chance to share it with the world.