Monday, October 8, 2012

Ayurveda


Ayurveda ~ The Three Dosha's, Kapha, Pitta & Vata

A year ago I tried eating for B, the blood type diet. I lost 5 pds in two weeks - then never again.
I loved the membrane fluid cocktail and have continued to drink it although not as frequently as I should.
This week I am trying out Ayurveda. Click here to read my full post and find the test to figure out what Dosha you are.

I am Kapha.
This explains oh so much!
Luckily for me, I like spicy and hot foods!
I have toned down my foods due to my hubby and kids being spice, "lightweights".

Now I will be making my own secret spice mix, a spice I will add to food AFTER its been cooked.

Why am I telling you all of this? Well because I will be blogging many of the recipes. You don't have to join me, but you should be aware of what I mean when I type, Kapha or Tri-Doshic (which means good for everyone).

If I  lose any weight I will let you know, if I feel more alert and awake you will be notified. Hopefully (prayerfully) this will be a better lifestyle change then the last few were.
You see I don't want a diet - I want a way of life.
I love indian food - Gujarati is among my favorites - however cooking it in America is not easy. Converting recipes to fit a US supermarket is not easy.
So this has been a long expensive process with very few results. Following the dosha's at least I can find recipes that have been converted! LOL
Not only converted, but also perfect for my body type! *crosses fingers*

Here goes another adventure!

1 comment:

High Heeled Life said...

Telisha!! This is amazing... good for you for giving it a go. I'm like your family members spicey "lightweight" lol.. The Mr. is diffinetly a the hotter the better.

It's challenging to find the right eating style - but trying is half the battle and you are on the right path. Keep us posted on your discoveries... Hugs, C. HHL