Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cinnamon Applesauce


Photos to follow will show my step by step process
The ingredient list is very fluid as it depends on the amount of apples you use.
My cooking time was 4 hours - because I like to add a lot of water and then slowly boil it out.
If you can baby sit the stove and stir every few minutes you can cook with less water and a faster period of time.


I placed the peeled apples in a lemon water bath to keep them from turning brown.


Using a corer saves a ton of time!
Also when I added the whole spices I locked them in a tea strainer 
so that I could easily remove them after cooking.


What it looked like half way done
and then all the way done.
I like a very fine sauce as I love to use it as an ice cream topping!

Note: This does use candy that has a wax coating. When you stir make sure to scrape the sides and a filmy top is to be expected. It stirs in easily, trust me its worth it!
And there you have it home made applesauce from home grown apples!

Sorry I have been gone for a while - my camera broke and I just got my new one!

No comments: