Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Chinese App, Dinner & Dessert
Spicy Sausage Wonton Stars Recipe
* 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
* 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
* 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
* 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded pepper Jack cheese
* 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
* 36 wonton wrappers
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* Sliced cherry tomatoes, optional
* In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, carrots, onion, peppers, cheeses, sour cream, garlic and lemon-pepper.
* Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder; brush over edges. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
* Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with tomatoes if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Special Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe
* 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
* 1 cup canola oil
* 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
* 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
* 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
* 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
* 1-1/3 cups honey-roasted peanuts
* 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
* 1 package (6 ounces) dried cranberries
* 6 green onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
* 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
* Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a very large bowl.
* In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar and pepper. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
* Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Yield: 22 servings (1 cup each).
Wonton Kisses Recipe
* 24 milk chocolate kisses
* 24 wonton wrappers
* Oil for frying
* Confectioners' sugar
* Place a chocolate kiss in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over candy kiss and press to seal. Repeat.
* In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons for 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.