Thursday, November 4, 2010

Home Made deodorant and a cake blog to drool over!

Home Made Coconut Deodorant From Antika Moda

Ingredients:
5-6 tablespoons of pure coconut oil (found at any health food store)
¼ cup baking soda
¼ cup corn starch

Instructions:
1. Mix all 3 ingredients well until it’s the consistency of a soft deodorant bar
2. I put this mixture into an old deodorant container for easy use, but you can store it however you choose
3. Rub a small amount onto (clean!) underarms

It lasts all day, smells fresh (faintly of coconut), and keeps you dry!
The cool thing about this mixture is that each ingredient has a purpose:
Coconut oil kills bacteria
Baking soda is a deodorizer
Corn starch absorbs wetness
(For Men and Women)

For those out there like me that search strenuously for good natural aluminum free deodorant this is amazing!
I have left my Toms of Maine (a good product) and will make my own  - especially since Coconut is my favorite smell right now.

Next up I have a link from Texas Monkey, titled Dress up Cakes!
I will find a way to dress up some cakes for Thanksgiving! Don't worry I will blog photos of my attempts!

6 comments:

Pamela Scott said...

I am following you now, I love food blogs

Unknown said...

did you find the coconut flour?
I'll have to see your new deodorant when I come to visit.
I'll be finishing up a coconut sorbet tonight, I'll blog about it by this weekend. I still need to get the cashews to to the pumpkin Ice cream!
It will be great to have Thanksgiving together.

Blessed Rain said...

No coconut flour yet - I found it but can't afford it!
I only need coconut oil for the deodorant.

Donna Perugini said...

Wow! I've never seen a deodorant recipe. I wonder how they came up with that!

Blessed Rain said...

Not sure but it works AMAZING!!! I will never go back to store bought!

Unknown said...

if this is irratating you, try switching the corn starch out for arrowroot powder.