Monday, August 13, 2012

Coconut Curry Chicken


Coconut Curry Chicken

1-1/2 pds of Chicken (thinly sliced or cubed)
3-4 C. of mixed veggies (or cauliflower & peas)
1 bottle of Coconut curry (I bought mine at target)
6 oz. Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Turmeric

Best paired with, Coconut Jasmine Rice (recipe at bottom)






Pair your recipe with matching flavors, or compliment flavors.



soak chicken in Coconut Milk and Turmeric 
4-6 hours


Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and grill lightly
making sure its cooked thoroughly 


while chicken is cooking start the veggies in the curry sauce, as well as the rice.
When both the chicken and the veggies are cooked combine, cook another 5 minutes on low.
Serve over Coconut Rice


Coconut Jasmine Rice 

2 C. Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Coconut Oil
3/4 C. Water
2 C. Jasmine Rice
salt to taste

Add all ingredients into sauce pan, heat to a low boil.
Stir constantly.
When it starts to boil, reduce to low.
Cover tightly and simmer 15-20 min.
Stir occasionally, fluff with fork when done.

This is the original recipe - I amended mine to a lighter slightly faster version.
I have a microwave rice cooker (which I love) so my recipe is adapted for that type of cooking.

2. C. Jasmine Rice
1 C. Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Coconut Oil
2 C. Water
No salt

10 minutes on high in the microwave - pull out, stir, check water (add more if needed)
cook another 10 minutes on high in the microwave and voila!

This was delicious! I have been trying to find Indian recipes with American equivalents. Of the few I have found I am still trying to find all the ingredients. Using bottled premade curry at the moment is the best I can do - eventually I will be adding full Gujarati recipes.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Wow, what a creative and yummy looking dish! Must try this...